Panel Debate | Building Transparency into African Oil, Gas and Mining – Geneva
The event will take place at the Graduate Institute, Geneva, on October 23 between 12:30 and 2 PM. It will feature representatives of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI) and the trading company Trafigura.
Achieving open and accountable management of African natural resources will be a massive challenge. This public debate assesses how to deliver effective governance and revenue transparency, as well as better dialogue between governments, industrial producers, trading companies and civil society. The event takes place immediately following a board meeting of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI) in Berne.
- Bady Baldé, Regional Director for Central Africa and Madagascar, EITI
- Andrew Gowers, Global Head of Corporate Affairs, Trafigura
- Ali Idrissa, National Coordinator for Niger, Réseau des organisations pour la transparence et l’analyse budgétaire (ROTAB)
- Florent Michel Okoko, Advisor to the Minister of Economy & Finance, Congo
- Gilles Carbonnier, Professor of Development Economics and Director of Studies, The Graduate Institute
Please register here.